Administrative Assistant (Co-op)
Whether you are looking to enter the job market in an administrative role or you are looking to enhance your skillset to propel you forward in your career, Queen’s College Administrative Assistant program will provide you with all the skills necessary to land your dream job. As an Administrative Assistant you will provide specialized administrative support to staff and to executives of a busy professional office.
The Administrative Assistant Diploma Program at Queen’s College combines practical knowledge and soft skills by incorporating internship as part of the program. This provides hands-on practical experience even before you graduate!
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Secretary (except legal and medical)
- Office Administrative Assistant
- Private Secretary
- Secretary (except legal and medical)
- Technical Secretary
- Office Clerk
- Documents Clerk
Queen’s College Administrative Assistant program offers a rich placement opportunity where the student can experience real-life responsibilities. The last four weeks of this program enables students to work in an office to gain work experience and to put into practice the skills they learned in the curriculum. In the internship, they may perform some of the following activities:
- Assign jobs and duties to office staff as needed
- Monitor office operations
- Schedule appointments and meetings for executives and upper level staff
- Reading, analyzing and writing reports
- Conduct clerical duties including filing, answering phone calls, responding to emails and preparing documents
Administrative Assistant (Co-op) Course Content
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel)
- Presentation Software (MS powerpoint)
- Office Procedures
- Business English
- Internship/Career Planning
- Office Professionalism
- 4 week Internship/Placement
- Word Processing (MS Word)
- O.S.S.D or equivalent; or
- 18 years of age or older and completion of the Wonderlic Test
At Queen’s College, we prepare you with the skills you need to be current, competitive and stand out from other job applicants. We look forward to partnering with you in your education and success.
For Admission Requirements for International Students please click here.
Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify.
For more information about this program, please fill out the form on this page, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call us at (905) 890 – 7833.